Halar® ECTFE is a product of Solvay Solexis. It is melt processable fluoropolymer that provides excellent chemical and permeation resistance from cryogenic to 300F.
Halar is used extensively in chemical and pharmaceutical processes, semiconductor labs, refineries, power plants as well as for many other different applications in contact with highly corrosive or ultra-pure chemicals.
Additional characteristics of Halar coatings are:
- High coating hardness
- Good adhesion to substrate
- Exceptional surface smoothness
- Excellent barriers properties
- Low permeation
- Low wettability/moderate release
- Chars instead of burning
- Good dielectric properties
Southwest Impreglon offers a number of different Halar coatings:
- 6014 – Clear top coat
- 6614 – Green primer
- 6914 – Gray primer,
- 9414 – Primerless off-white
- 3404 DA – Primerless, off-white, food contact compliance
- XPH 832 – Anti Static/electrostatic dissipative
- XPH 740 – Slurry coating for low thermal mass parts
Contact a Southwest Impreglon representative for assistance in selecting the appropriate Halar coating system for your application.
Halar is a registered of trademark of Solvay Solexis S.p.A.
Get in Touch
Our sales representatives are ready to help you get the information you need for your specific industry or application.